Fermentation Scientist (All Levels)
South San Francisco
SwiftScale Biologics' mission is to bring life-saving drugs to patients faster than previously possible. Our goal is to enable 100 protein drugs to reach human trials for 1/10th of the normal time and cost. We are developing a system to produce protein drugs outside of cells and applying it to cancer, autoimmune disorders, and neurological conditions.
We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms and founded by professors at Cornell and Northwestern.
We are seeking highly motivated scientists (all levels) to join our synthetic biology team. You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and research associates on the following responsibilities and more:
• Scale-up and optimize E. coli-based fermentation of a product from 1ml to 10L to increase yield and consistency
• Develop and optimize the purification process of a product for higher yield and purity
• Characterize, optimize, and scale-up other process steps including lysis
We prioritize communication, problem solving ability, and attention to detail over formal experience. We are looking for candidates with:
• PhD in a field of Biological Sciences or 4+ years of industry experience
• Laboratory experience in fermentation and downstream processing
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication and organization skills
• A desire to learn
• Availability to work full-time hours at our South San Francisco location
• Strain engineering experience
Our company is growing quickly. We are looking for candidates who can learn new skills, grow with the company, and work in a fast-paced environment. Open communication across our company is important to us.
We offer flexible hours and competitive salaries/benefits.
To apply, please contact careers AT swiftscalebio.com.