South San Francisco
SwiftScale Biologics' mission is to bring life-saving drugs to patients faster than previously possible. Our goal is to enable 100 protein drugs to reach human trials for 1/10th of the normal time and cost. We are developing a system to produce protein drugs outside of cells and applying it to cancer, autoimmune disorders, and neurological conditions.
We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms and founded by professors at Cornell and Northwestern.
We are seeking a highly motivated research associate to join our synthetic biology team. You will work with a team of scientists and engineers on the following responsibilities and more:
• Becoming an expert in and taking ownership of several processes in our platform
• Running lab protocols including PCR, ELISA, and Western blot
• Running 1L to 10L bacterial cell culture and purification
• Characterizing and optimizing reaction conditions
• Troubleshooting experiments
We prioritize communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail over formal experience. We are looking for candidates with:
• BS in a field of Biological Sciences
• Experience working in a biology lab for 2+ months
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication and organization skills
• A desire to learn
• Availability to work full-time hours at our South San Francisco location
Our company is growing quickly. We are looking for candidates who can learn new skills, grow with the company, and work in a fast-paced environment. Open communication across our company is important to us.
We offer flexible hours and competitive salaries/benefits.
To apply, please contact careers AT swiftscalebio.com.